12 Names and Characteristics of God to Proclaim Over Your FInances
How to Use these Biblical Keys to Financial Abundance
There is good news today for your finances! The Lord wants to speak to you through His Word to encourage you, build your faith and let you know that He is right there to walk with you through whatever you are facing financially.
No matter if you are deeply in debt or if you purely want to increase your wealth to further the Kingdom, applying God’s promises and principles can lead you out of debt and into financial freedom!
You may be thinking, “But my situation is so bad that financial health is impossible.” To you, Jesus says, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible” (Matt. 19:26). As you dig into the Word of God to uncover treasures of truth in the following pages, the Bible gives you a vital key to positioning your heart and life to receive the abundant blessings of God.
“Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God” (Deut. 28:1-2). Following God’s direction in the Bible is key to financial turnaround.
This study is neither a “how-to” manual about budgets nor an in-depth study. Rather, it contains a wealth of wisdom from the Word of God. It is filled with God’s promises, His principles and His thoughts about your financial wellbeing. God desires to bless you! I invite you to step into His abundance and be transformed by the renewing of your mind through the Word of God.
Proclaiming God’s Name and Character Over Your Finances
- You are Jehovah-Jireh, the God who sees my every need and goes before me to provide abundantly. I proclaim Your provision over my every need. Gen. 22:14
- You are Jehovah-Shalom, cause Your peace to reign over every challenge, every place of chaos, attack and unrest in my life and finances. I turn away from anxiety and worry and proclaim that Your peace will guard my heart and mind in Jesus Christ who is my Lord and Saviour. Judges 6:16-24; Phil. 4:6-7
- You are Jehovah-M’Kaddesh, the One who sanctifies me. To You, I set apart every aspect of my life: work, home, finances, behaviour, thought life, marriage, children, family, relationships, recreation, ministry and all that You have entrusted to me. I proclaim that You are holy! Purify me that I may live a holy life consecrated to You. Lev. 20:7-8
- You are El Shaddai, God Almighty, my All-Sufficient One. I proclaim that in You, there is more than enough. In You, I have an abundance for everything You have called me to do, plenty for all of my needs and enough to share with others. Gen. 17:1-2; 49:22-26 2 Cor. 9:8
- You are my Shepherd, always leading me to green pastures and restoring my soul. I proclaim that in You, I will never be in want. You are my Good Shepherd who has laid down His life for me. I will listen to Your voice. Ps. 23; John 10:11-16
- You are my Father. As the good Abba Father (Daddy) that You are, You will provide for me, protect me and watch over me always. Because I am Your child, I proclaim that I am Your heir and joint-heir with Christ Jesus! Rom. 8:15-17; Matt. 6:9-13
- You are Faithful, completely dependable and trustworthy in all that You do. I put my faith in You to fulfill every good promise that You have made to me in Your Word. By Your grace, I commit my life and my finances to Your faithfulness. I ask that You bring health, restoration and increase. I proclaim that I will faithfully use it for Your glory. Josh. 21:45; 1 Cor. 1:9; 2 Tim. 2:13
- You are my Rock! All of Your deeds are perfect. Everything that You do is just and fair. You are the God of truth and You are without injustice! I proclaim that all of Your ways are righteous and upright. I entrust to You all that concerns me and give my financial situation into Your care. Deut. 32:4
- You are Elohim, the great and mighty God of creation. Lord, You see my situation and all that concerns me. Intervene in Your mighty power and strength and move on my behalf. Attend to every place I have need and bring Your creative provision. I proclaim that You are more than enough! Gen. 1; Ps. 35:22-23
- You are Good and all Your ways are good. I proclaim Your perfect goodness, Your loving kindness and Your mercy in every area of my life. Teach me Your ways so that I will not wander from You. Lord, keep Me always following Your Word. Ps. 119:65-68; Ps. 100:5; Jas. 1:17
- You are Generous! You have lavished me with Your love, grace and salvation. I proclaim that there is no good thing that You withhold from me as Your child. Create in me Your character of generosity that I may be a blessing to those around me. I purpose to be like You, not giving sparingly or with a bad attitude but joyfully and generously, following Your example. Eph. 1:7-9; Ex. 34:5-8; Ps. 65:5-13
- You are the God of abundance. I proclaim that in You there is no lack. Lord, I have made Your cause my cause. I have made Your house my house. I have been faithful with the giving of my tithes and offerings and I have been called according to Your name. Now Lord, open the windows of heaven and pour out a flood of blessing, do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that I could ask for or even imagine, for Your glory and renown. Mal. 3:8-12; Eph. 3:14-20