7 Keys to Debt-Free Living
How to Use these Biblical Keys to Financial Abundance
There is good news today for your finances! The Lord wants to speak to you through His Word to encourage you, build your faith and let you know that He is right there to walk with you through whatever you are facing financially. No matter if you are deeply in debt or if you purely want to increase your wealth to further the Kingdom, applying God’s promises and principles can lead you out of debt and into financial freedom! You may be thinking, “But my situation is so bad that financial health is impossible.” To you, Jesus says, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible” (Matt. 19:26). As you dig into the Word of God to uncover treasures of truth in the following pages, the Bible gives you a vital key to positioning your heart and life to receive the abundant blessings of God.
“Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God” (Deut. 28:1-2). Following God’s direction in the Bible is key to financial turnaround.
This study is neither a “how-to” manual about budgets nor an in-depth study. Rather, it contains a wealth of wisdom from the Word of God. It is filled with God’s promises, His principles and His thoughts about your financial wellbeing. God desires to bless you! I invite you to step into His abundance and be transformed by the renewing of your mind through the Word of God.
Living a Debt-Free Life
- Seek first the Kingdom of God: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matt. 6:33-34
- Be faithful to give your tithes and offerings to the Lord: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “Then all nations will call you blessed, for your land will be such a delight,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. Malachi 3:10-12 NLT
- Learn to be content in every situation and learn to draw your strength from Jesus: Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phil. 4:11-14 NLT
- When blessing comes, do not forget to honour the Lord: Therefore you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him. For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, that flow out of valleys and hills; a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey; a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing; a land whose stones are iron and out of whose hills you can dig copper. When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land which He has given you. Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today, lest-when you have eaten and are full, and have built beautiful houses and dwell in them; and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and your gold are multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied; when your heart is lifted up, and you forget the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; who led you through that great and terrible wilderness, in which were fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty land where there was no water; who brought water for you out of the flinty rock; who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end—then you say in your heart, “My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.” And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day. Deut. 8:6-18
- Be faithful to honour your obligations: Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honour to those who are in authority. Rom. 13:7 NLT
- Do your work willingly: Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Col. 3:23 NLT
- Do your work for the Lord: Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Eph. 6:7 NLT