Do you have the skills to make an impact and difference?
Christ for all Nations (CfaN) is currently looking to hire an Event Manager.
Salary: £28000 per annum + pension contribution.
Working hours: Working hours are regular between projects but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event.
Location: CfaN office in Halesowen (near Birmingham)
Probation: 6 months
Holidays: 25 + Bank Holidays
Only people who are currently living in the UK and eligible to work will be considered for this position.
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2019
Interviews: September week 2-3
Post starting mid-October
Our Event Manager will be responsible for the logistics of events from conception through to completion. Events can include:
- Fire Conferences. (Next planned Fire Conference is in 2020 at Wembley Arena)
- In His Presence worship events
- Promotions and product launches
- African Campaigns
- Israel Tours
- Fundraising and social events
- Office Events
- Partner Events
You will need to be hands-on and be able to work as part of a team. You will be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. You must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event.
The role of Event’s Manager varies depending on the organisation and type of event involved. Activities often include:
- Research to identify opportunities for events
- liaising with management to ascertain their precise event requirements;
- producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- agreeing to, and managing a budget
- securing and booking suitable venues or locations
- ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to
- coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire
- organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
- securing speakers or special guests
- planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and other breakout sessions
- coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings
- selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners
- preparing delegate packs and papers
- liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event
- liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to create a brand for the event and organising the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage
- coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
- overseeing the event close-down
post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders)
Although this area of work is open to all graduates the following degree/HND subjects may increase your success:
- event management
- hotel or catering management
- leisure and tourism
You will need to have:
- excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- project management experience;
- time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- problem-solving skills and diplomacy;
- strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
- sales and/or marketing skills;
- the ability to manage budgets;
- a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Strong computing skills
Christ for all Nations (CfaN)
CfaN is primarily known for its Great Gospel Campaigns throughout the Continent of Africa. Reinhard Bonnke founded the international ministry over forty years ago and it is now led by Evangelist Daniel Kolenda. Through a host of major events in Africa and other parts of the world, the ministry has recorded over 75 million documented decisions for Jesus Christ.
Due to the ethos and nature of the organisation, and the specific role, it is a genuine occupational requirement for the applicant to be an active and practising Christian that is part of a local congregation.
TO APPLY: Please send your full CV along with a written application
Mark Oakes, UK Director
Christ for all Nations, Highway House,
250 Coombs Road,
Halesowen, B62 8AA